This trip to visit trauma-informed communities in the Pacific Northwest and Canada has taken me through some beautiful places, with stunning scenery. Here’s a round-up of photos I’ve taken along the way so far. I’ve put them into photo “albums” on Facebook. Even if you don’t have a Facebook account, you’ll be able to access all of these albums simply by clicking on the links:
1. The drive from Portland, OR to Columbia Falls, MT (just outside of Glacier National Park): (650 miles; 11 1/2 hours of driving – Hannah and I only stopped to take photos during the first few hours of the trip, then it was “pedal to the metal” for the rest of the drive!)
2. Glacier National Park in Montana: Hannah and I got the chance to do some exploring and hiking on both the East and West sides of Glacier
3. The drive from Columbia Falls, MT to Canmore, in Alberta, Canada: (310 miles; 6 hours of driving)
4. Canada: Grotto Canyon hike, and the Bow Valley Parkway drive from Banff to Lake Louise through the Banff National Park:
5. Canada: Johnston Canyon hike, scenery from towns of Canmore and Banff, an early morning elk sighting, and sunset on Tunnel Mountain:
6. The drive from Calgary to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho (400 miles, 7 1/2 hours) I drove this on my own, as Hannah flew back home from Calgary – I sure miss my traveling partner and co-pilot! During this drive, the weather changed (multiple times!) from snow to sleet to torrential rain to sunshine, rainbows and bright blue skies:
That’s it for now. I’ll post some additional photo albums in a few days. Enjoy the virtual trip through the scenery!